To support the blog






7/03/2019

SAMSON the Tsadik

Samson name was similar to that of G-d, as our sages said :

"The L-ord G-d is a sun (shemesh) and a shield. Samson, (Shimshon) is like a name of G-d. Just as G-d guards over the whole world (via the sun), so did Samson guard over Israel in his generation.

So great was he that Jacob thought that Samson would be the Messiah (bereshit rabbah 98:14): "Jacob saw Samson and thought he was the Messiah. After he died Jacob said, "This one is dead too! I hope for your deliverance O L-ord!"

This tsadik took zealous revenge for the Jewish people all his life until the day he died. (Jud.16:28)

"O L-ord G-d, remember me and strengthen me, I pray to You, just this once, O G-d, that I may be this once avenged of the Philistines for one of my two eyes."

We can say that he sought revenge for only one of his two eyes which the Philistines knocked out, because he knew what they did was partly punishment for his deeds.




No comments:

Post a Comment